WR United – Eat Local is an initiative to promote eating locally either by dining at a restaurant, getting take-out from a food purveyor or purchasing from growers and producers in Waterloo Region. Participation is free.
Eligible participants must:
• be an existing, locally owned establishment
• be located in Waterloo Region
• complete the Application Form below
• commit to offering for the duration of the program
Food establishments register to take part in the program by submitting one or more of the following (the list will continue to evolve):
• A WR United signature food and/or drink menu item (consider submitting your most popular menu item or the one you’re most known for)
• A WR United Prix Fixe Menu (lunch or dinner. Price TBD by restaurant)
• WR United themed event/activity/promotion
All WR United – Eat Local participants will appear on the WRUnited section of the Explore Waterloo Region website. Participating food establishments will be promoted across marketing channels including social media, contesting and people’s choice voting.
June 2020 upon easing of provincial dining restrictions.
No current end date, likely to run until the end of 2020. Seasonal themes will be rolled out and the website refreshed regularly.
Residents of Waterloo Region & visiting friends and family.